Friday, June 4, 2010

Nordic shrimp salad

This recipe originally came, if I remember correctly, from the Globe and Mail several years ago. I have since altered it enough to be barely recognizable -- at least, I think I have: I've lost the original article. It's a simple but tasty cold salad which take advantage of string bean and dill season. Shrimp are one of my two favorite foods (the other being cherry tomatoes from my father's garden), and are one of the only types of seafood reliably available here in Budapest.

Nordic shrimp salad

Peas from the garden!

Ingredients (2 people):
  • 2 cups green or yellow beans, cooked and chilled
  • 1/2  red pepper, chopped
  • 2 green onion bulbs, minced
  • 6 artichoke hearts, halved
  • 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • salad shrimp
Instructions:
  • Arrange the first four ingredients on plates. Mix the lemon juice and olive oil, and drizzle over plates. Place the shrimp on top and garnish with dill.

No comments: