I've been wanting to try this for years: smoked salmon and avocado, sandwiched between lasagna noodles -- what could be better? The result is amazing, but lifting the finished lasagna off the cutting board onto the plates was a trick.
Ingredients (2 people):
- 3 lasagna noodles
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- mixed salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp good mustard or 1/8 tsp cracked mustard seeds
- Cook the lasagna, then rinse under cold water and let cool.
- Assemble the lasagna in the following order, on a wooden cutting board or rimless plate (to better be able to lift it at the end): lasagna noodle, smoked salmon, lasagna noodle, avocado, lasagna noodle. Cut the lasagna in half and carefully lift onto plates, together with the salad.
- Mix the oil, citrus juice and mustard to make a dressing. Pour half over the salads and half over the lasagnas.